After a slip and fall accident, you need an experienced personal injury attorney on your side in order to win your case. However, there are also some critical elements you will need in order to win a slip and fall injury claim. The key issue in any slip and fall accident claim is liability. Accidents happen and often accident result in injuries and sometimes expensive medical bills. But when an accident was caused by something or someone beyond your control, you may have legal options to receive compensation.
What is Needed to Win a Slip and Fall Injury Claim?
In order to prove negligence of another party for the injuries suffered in a slip and fall accident, you will typically need to prove one of the following:
- The property owner (or their employee) should have noticed the hazard which caused the slip and fall accident and remove or fix the dangerous condition. For example, a property owner failed to remove or salt or icy from sidewalks.
- A property owner (or their employee) caused a dangerous situation which lead to a slip and fall accident. For example, if an employee moped the floor at the grocery and left a large puddle without putting warning signs around the dangerous area. The employee was negligent for leaving a wet floor unattended without proper warning signs to make customers aware of the dangerous condition.
Slip and fall injury claims often question what is “reasonable” for the situation. To be held liable or considered negligent, a property owner must be proven guilty of reasonably correcting a hazardous situation. The following are some common questions ask to determine if the situation was reasonable:
- Was the hazardous condition or obstacle present long enough for the property owner or their employee to eliminate the danger?
- Could the dangerous situation have been prevented?
- Was a policy in place for routine checks on the property to eliminate hazardous conditions?
Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys in Spokane
If you’ve been injured from a slip and fall accident due to the negligence of a property owner, contact the experienced personal injury attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm in Spokane to handle your case. We will fight for the compensation you deserve. Call (509) 482-7274 now for a free consultation to discuss your slip and fall injury case.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Spokane, Washington Law Office
Our Spokane, Washington law firm services clients in and surrounding Spokane, including for injuries and accidents in Spokane Valley and injuries and accidents in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. Visit or call our Spokane law firm today.421 W Riverside, Suite 256 Spokane, WA 99201 Phone:(509) 482-7274
Connect With Us
Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram