Call Now For A Free Consultation 509-482-7274
Vehicular Assault or Vehicular Homicide Laws in Washington
Not only can driving recklessly or under the influence lead to serious legal consequences, but it puts everyone else on the road at risk. Any reckless driving, or driving under the influence, that causes injury or death can lead to vehicular assault or vehicular homicide charges. These felony convictions can see decades of jail time and a multitude of other consequences, not to mention the impact on the victim.
RCW 46.61.520: Vehicular homicide—Penalty.
- When the death of any person ensues within three years as a proximate result of injury proximately caused by the driving of any vehicle by any person, the driver is guilty of vehicular homicide if the driver was operating a motor vehicle:
- While under the influence of intoxicating liquor or any drug, as defined by RCW 61.502; or
- In a reckless manner; or
- With disregard for the safety of others.
- Vehicular homicide is a class A felony punishable under chapter 20RCW, except that, for a conviction under subsection (1)(a) of this section, an additional two years shall be added to the sentence for each prior offense as defined in RCW 46.61.5055.
RCW 46.61.522: Vehicular assault—Penalty.
- A person is guilty of vehicular assault if he or she operates or drives any vehicle:
- In a reckless manner and causes substantial bodily harm to another; or
- While under the influence of intoxicating liquor or any drug, as defined by RCW 61.502, and causes substantial bodily harm to another; or
- With disregard for the safety of others and causes substantial bodily harm to another.
- Vehicular assault is a class B felony punishable under chapter 20RCW.
- As used in this section, "substantial bodily harm" has the same meaning as in RCW 04.110.
Spokane Personal Injury Attorneys
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident or wrongful death, contact the experienced and knowledgeable attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm to handle your case. The lawyers at Parke Gordon Law Firm in Spokane believe every client deserves fair representation, not just big insurance companies with deep pockets. Call our Spokane law office today for a free consultation at (509) 482-7274.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Call Now For A Free Consultation 509-482-7274 Dog Bite Laws in Spokane County If you or your child have been injured by a dog and the dog bite occurred in Spokane County, the following are the dog bite laws for Spokane County. Please check the following link to city ordinances for any updates or changes…Read More
Call Now For A Free Consultation 509-482-7274 Dog Bite Laws in Coeur d’Alene The following are the legal dog bite laws in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. Please check the following link to city ordinances for any updates or changes to the laws:(http://www.sterlingcodifiers.com/codebook/index.php?book_id=603Title 6, Animals) Administration Purpose The purpose of this title is to encourage responsible animal…Read More
Spokane, Washington Law Office
Our Spokane, Washington law firm services clients in and surrounding Spokane, including for injuries and accidents in Spokane Valley and injuries and accidents in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. Visit or call our Spokane law firm today.
421 W Riverside, Suite 256
Spokane, WA 99201