Ten Tips to Avoid a Car Accident
Ten tips to avoid a car accident that could save your life!
- Check your car before driving. Make sure the dashboard is not showing any warning lights, your tires are properly inflated and have enough tread, and everything else is working properly, such as your air bags and brakes. It is always a good idea to have your car well maintained in a timely manner as directed by the owner’s manual.
- Look both ways before entering an intersection. Even after a light changes green, look both ways to make sure another car is not running a red light.
- Be extra cautious when driving next to another car or truck. It may be a good idea to speed up or slow down just in case they don’t check their blind spot or become distracted and swerve into your lane.
- Be aware of emergency vehicles. Remember emergency vehicles may have to drive in the opposite direction of traffic or through red lights. Always move out of the way if you see flashing lights or hear a siren sounding.
- Always remember to use your turn signals. Using your turn signals warns other drivers around you that you are planning to turn or want to change lanes.
- Use your side mirrors and check your blind spot before changing lanes. Cars coming out of parking lots or side streets might appear out of nowhere. Checking the lane you plan to move into before moving over will help you to avoid side-swiping accidents.
- Watch out! Always be aware of your surroundings. Know what is happening in front of you, on both sides and behind you. Constantly check your car mirrors and predict what other drivers might do based on how they are driving. This will also help you to know where other cars are in case you want to change lanes.
- Leave a safe distance between you and the car in front of you. Especially when driving in heavy traffic it is a good idea to leave yourself plenty of space and watch out for cars that might cut you off. The faster the speed, the more distance you should leave.
- Plan an easier route. It’s a good idea to avoid heavy traffic by taking a longer route with less traffic to avoid a car accident.
- Avoid distractions. Never use your cell phone when driving or do anything else in your car that is going to stop you from having your eyes on the road.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Spokane, Washington Law Office
Our Spokane, Washington law office services clients in and surrounding Spokane, including for injuries and accidents in Spokane Valley and injuries and accidents in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. Visit or call our Spokane office now.
421 W Riverside, Suite 1050 Spokane, WA 99201 Phone:(509) 482-7274 Parke Gordon
Connect With Us
Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram