Call Now For A Free Consultation 509-482-7274
Semi-truck Accident Leads to Multiple Accidents Due to Icy Conditions
A semi-truck rollover lead to multiple accidents due to icy conditions on I-90 west of Ritzville. The semi-truck rolled blocking both lanes of eastbound traffic on I-90. Due to the backup, multiple other collisions occurred according to Washington State Police. Those collisions led to a probable hazmat fuel leak of about 150 gallons of diesel, Washington State Police said. Traffic was blocked for a few hours as crews worked to clear the accidents. This is a good reminder to slow down and be cautious during winter months as the road may be icy.
8 Tips for Driving in Icy Conditions
- Drive with care. Even if roadways have been treated with sand or salt, drive with more caution.
- Leave more distance between you and the car in front of you. Leaving more space between vehicles allows for more time to stop when needed.
- Pass with caution. When you are overtaking a vehicle on icy roads, make sure you are able to pass safely.
- Watch out for snowplows that may through snow on either side of their truck. It is important to remember to not pass a snowplow unless the lane you intend to use to pass has been cleared.
- Be prepared for road conditions to change suddenly even in relatively short distances.
- Listen to the radio for updates on weather and road conditions before you leave.
- Drive at a slow pace in as high a gear as possible.
- Accelerate and brake gently. It may be a good idea to check your grip on the road surface when there is snow or ice by choosing a safe place to brake gently. If the steering feels unresponsive, this may indicate the roads are icy.
Car Accident Attorneys and Semi-truck Accident Lawyers in Spokane, WA
If you’ve been injured in a car accident or semi-truck accident, don’t wait to call a Spokane car accident lawyer. The experienced car accident attorneys and semi-truck accident lawyers at Parke Gordon Law Firm can take the stress out of a claim. We’ll fight to get you full value for your car accident injuries working on your case. Call (509) 482-7274 to speak with an experienced Spokane car accident lawyer during a free consultation.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Call Now For A Free Consultation 509-482-7274 Dog Bite Laws in Coeur d’Alene The following are the legal dog bite laws in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. Please check the following link to city ordinances for any updates or changes to the laws:(http://www.sterlingcodifiers.com/codebook/index.php?book_id=603Title 6, Animals) Administration Purpose The purpose of this title is to encourage responsible animal…Read More
Call Now For A Free Consultation 509-482-7274 Dog Bite Statute in Washington Can the victim of a dog bite sue the dog owner in the state of Washington? Know the personal injury liability rules and defenses regarding dog bites in the dog bite statute for the state of Washington below. Dog Bite Statue in Washington…Read More
Spokane, Washington Law Office
Our Spokane, Washington law firm services clients in and surrounding Spokane, including for injuries and accidents in Spokane Valley and injuries and accidents in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. Visit or call our Spokane law firm today.
421 W Riverside, Suite 256
Spokane, WA 99201