Spokane Valley Police reported a fatal motorcycle accident at Broadway and Eastern. One witness says the motorcycle was hit by a truck hauling a trailer while he was turning left. Another witness says the motorcyclist was trying to pass the truck when he lost control and crashed into it. The motorcyclist was declared deceased at the scene of the motorcycle accident. It was reported that he was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash. Speed is believed to have played a factor in this motorcycle accident. The following are the dangers of riding a motorcycle with facts to tell you why.
Dangers of Riding a Motorcycle
- According to data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), a motorcyclist is 29 times more likely to die in a crash than if they were in a car.
- Forty percent of motorcyclists killed in an accident were not wearing a helmet. While only 19 states require the use of a helmet while riding a motorcycle, Illinois, Iowa and New Hampshire have not helmet use laws.
- Motorcycles equipped with anti-lock brakes (ABS) are 37% less likely to be involved in a fatal crash.
- Older motorcyclists are in greater danger. In fact, 54% of motorcyclists killed in a motorcycle accident were 40 or older. An older rider sustains more serious injuries from a motorcycle crash. Factors such as declining vision and reaction time in older riders increase their likelihood of being involved in a motorcycle accident.
- 33% of motorcycle accident fatalities involve speeding.
- 27% of fatal motorcycle accident had a driver with blood alcohol concentrations (BAC) above 0.08. Nearly three-fourths of these are between the age of 35 and 49 years old.
- Motorcycles driving at night are three times more likely to be involved in a fatal accident than day time fatalities involving high BAC levels.
Contact a Spokane Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today
Don’t wait to call a Spokane motorcycle attorney at Parke Gordon Law Firm in Spokane. We are aggressive, experienced, and trusted. Our attorneys will fight to ensure you get a fair settlement for your injuries. Call now for a free consultation at (509) 482-7274. You will be connected with an experienced motorcycle attorney in Spokane for a free case review.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Spokane, Washington Law Office
Our Spokane, Washington law firm services clients in and surrounding Spokane, including for injuries and accidents in Spokane Valley and injuries and accidents in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. Visit or call our Spokane law firm today.421 W Riverside, Suite 256 Spokane, WA 99201 Phone:(509) 482-7274
Connect With Us
Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram