Large trucks such as semi-trucks, big rigs, tractor-trailers, or other commercial vehicles present a unique danger to smaller passenger vehicles. Extra caution should always be used when driving near a semi-truck or similar large vehicle. A seemingly minor driving error such as failing to signal before changing lanes, can become catastrophic when an eighteen-wheeler is involved, especially at high speeds. The following are some common causes of semi-truck accidents that you should be aware of to help avoid a semi-truck accident.
When the Semi-Truck Accident is Caused by Passenger Vehicles
Frequently, drivers of passenger vehicles are to blame for semi-truck accidents. The most common reason for unsafe acts committed by car drivers has to do with ignorance of a truck’s abilities. For instance, being able to stop quickly or visibility. The following are more common unsafe acts committed by car drivers that often lead to a semi-truck accident.
- Abruptly changing lanes in front of a large truck.
- Misjudging a truck’s speed and turning in front of the truck.
- Driving in the truck driver’s blind spots.
- Failing to slow down or speed up when a truck is changing lanes or merging onto the roadway.
- Unsafe passing.
- Driving between two or more large trucks.
- Merging improperly into traffic and causing the truck driver to maneuver or brake quickly.
- Failing to get a stalled vehicle completely off the highway.
- Pulling in front of a truck and failing to accelerate sufficiently.
When the Semi-Truck Accident is Caused by the Truck Driver
Semi-truck drivers are trained to be safe on the road. They are typically skilled and patient drivers for the most part. However, semi-truck accidents are still caused by the fault of the truck driver for the following reasons.
- Inadequate truck driving training. Such as driving techniques, safety concerns, and defensive driving techniques.
- Driving more hours than would normally advisable or safe.
- Systems of compensation that encourage the truck driver to drive at unsafe faster speeds.
- Unrealistic schedules and expectations from trucking companies that encourage drivers to hurry despite safety risks.
Do You Have a Semi-Truck Accident Case? Speak to a Parke Gordon Lawyer Now
Do not wait to call a semi-truck accident attorney. Doing so could hurt your case. Call our Spokane law office now for a free consultation at (509) 482-7274. This is your opportunity to discuss your case with an experienced semi-truck accident attorney at Parke Gordon Law Firm in Spokane, WA. Our law firm can help take the stress out of your semi-truck accident claim and make sure you get every penny you are owed. Our law firm works on a contingency fee. You pay nothing until your case is settled. Call (509) 482-7274 now to get started on your semi-truck accident case.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Spokane, Washington Law Office
Our Spokane, Washington law firm services clients in and surrounding Spokane, including for injuries and accidents in Spokane Valley and injuries and accidents in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. Visit or call our Spokane law firm today.421 W Riverside, Suite 256 Spokane, WA 99201 Phone:(509) 482-7274
Connect With Us
Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram